Attorney Arthur Calderón
Serving Bolivar County & All of Mississippi
Attorney Arthur Calderón stumbled into criminal defense and refers to himself as “the accidental criminal defense lawyer.” In his early practice, he thought he'd just represent companies. However, he had the opportunity to move to Mississippi and took up criminal defense cases to fight for individuals in court. During his first case, he was eager to get inside the courtroom, talk with the jury, and get a good result that would affect his client's life. He soon found that there was no better feeling and hasn’t looked back since.
Having founded Calderón Law in the heart of the Mississippi Delta, Attorney Calderón defend clients from a wide range of charges including felony and misdemeanor offenses ranging from DUI and drug crimes to capital murder. He also handles personal injury matters including car and truck accidents and workers’ compensation cases.
Attorney Arthur Calderón is proud of every case that he works on. There are not many criminal defense lawyers in Bolivar County and he is proud to provide the empathy, accessibility, dedication, and experience his clients need.
Mississippi State University, B.S. in Psychology
- Honors: Cum laude graduate, Hispanic Achievement Award, Psi Chi
Mississippi College School of Law, J.D.
- Honors: Graduated cum laude, Internal Competition Chair, MLi Press/Lenore Prather Scholar, Order of Barristers, Dean's List
- Criminal Defense
- Domestic Violence
- Drug Crimes
- Federal Crimes
- Sex Crimes
- Theft Crimes
- Violent Crimes
- Personal Injury
- Super Lawyers Rising Star in Criminal Law - 2019
- Mississippi College School of Law - Order of Barristers
- Bolivar County Chamber of Commerce - Leadership Bolivar County
- Mississippi Bar Association - MS Bar Leadership Forum
- American Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
Articles & Publications
- “Fearing Fido: Recent Trends Involving First Responders, Man's Best Friend, and Damages” Blue Review
- Introduction to the U.S. Legal System and Freedom of Speech from a Cross-Cultural Perspective, Presentation to law school faculty delegation from John Paul II Catholic University, Lublin, Poland
- Impact of the Mississippi Tort Claims Act in the Classroom, Mississippi School Law for Beginning Teachers
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Adult Drug Court, Statewide Conference of Mississippi Association of Drug Court Professionals
Call Calderón Law at (662) 594-2439 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation.