Bolivar County Domestic Violence Defense Lawyer
What is Domestic Violence in Mississippi?
Domestic violence allegations can result in severe consequences for a person’s reputation, personal life, and career. All domestic violence cases are unique. This charge is broadly defined as any kind of violent crime that happens within the family environment or between those with close interpersonal relationships.
Our experienced criminal lawyer has defended against numerous nuanced domestic violence charges, including:
- Spousal abuse
- Child abuse
- False imprisonment
- Social abuse
- Financial abuse
- Assault and battery
- Sexual abuse
At Calderón Law, we understand that there are two sides to every story. Our aim is to make sure that your side of the story is heard. When you come to our office for a free case evaluation, we will listen carefully to the details of your case and determine how we can assist you.
To learn more about our legal services, contact our firm today at (662) 594-2439. Our staff is ready to help today!
Mississippi Domestic Violence Penalties
Domestic violence is taken very seriously in Mississippi and crimes related to domestic violence are aggressively prosecuted.
A conviction for domestic violence could result in:
- Jail time
- Protection orders against the accused
- Sanctions against a professional license
- Limited or revoked child visitation rights
- Mandatory counseling
- Loss of gun privileges
- A permanent mark on your record that cannot be expunged
Whatever your specific situation, our skilled defense attorney can provide a strong legal strategy on your behalf to help reduce the charges or dismiss them altogether.
Common factors that we consider when developing a solid defense case include:
- Was the defendant found present at or near the scene of the crime?
- Are the victim’s injuries consistent with the law enforcement’s report?
- Is the investigation complete and accurate?
- Was the situation an accident?
- Were the defendant’s actions done in self-defense?
- Is there physical evidence that establishes assault by the defendant?
- Did the victim cause or contribute to the actions of the defendant?
Let Calderón Law Fight for You
If you have been arrested for domestic violence in Mississippi, the best time to start building your defense is right away. Our Bolivar County domestic violence lawyer always strives to make the highest quality legal services accessible and affordable to those who need it most.
Call (662) 594-2439 today to schedule your free consultation.
No attorney will out work him.- Casey
Goes beyond the call of duty!- Previous Client
I highly recommend using Arthur- Tony