Bolivar County DUI Defense Lawyer
Under the Influence Laws in MI
When you have been pulled over after getting behind the wheel of a motor vehicle after consuming alcohol or drugs, it is important to hire a skilled Bolivar County DUI lawyer to help guide you through the complex legal process. At Calderón Law, we have a proven track record of providing effective representation for individuals accused of DUI and in danger of being fined or losing their license.
Our goal as your legal representative will be to help you:
- Get your driver’s license returned
- Avoid jail time and fines
- Prevent the installation of an ignition interlock device
- Avoid a DUI conviction on your record
To have your case evaluated by a defense firm that has experience handling a variety of DUI cases, contact our Bolivar County DUI attorney today at (662) 594-2439.
Number of DUI Offenses & Penalties in Mississippi
Like most criminal cases, the specific penalties you may face are somewhat dependent on the circumstances surrounding your arrest. For example, if a child was in the car at the time of the arrest or if someone is injured as a result of the offense, the penalties levied against the driver will be increased.
Common Mississippi DUI penalties include:
- First Offense - Up to $1,000 in fines, up to 48 hours in jail, suspended license, & mandatory driver education program
- Second Offense - Up to $1,500 in fines, up to 1-year in jail (5-days minimum), suspended license, mandatory 10-days of community service, & mandatory ignition interlock device
- Third Offense - Up to $5,000 in fines, up to 5-years in jail (1-year minimum), suspended license, & mandatory ignition interlock device
When people normally think about the negative effects of a DUI conviction, jail time and fines are what most often come to mind. However, there are several other consequences that may be imposed upon those convicted for DUI.
- A DUI conviction will stay on your driving record for 5-years during which time any additional DUI convictions will increase the punishment.
- A conviction will remain on your criminal record for life.
- A conviction can affect employment, especially if your job requires driving
- A conviction will require you to obtain SR-22 insurance, or high-risk insurance, for 3-years.
Calderón Law Mississippi DUI Attorneys
When your right to drive, your freedom, and your future are in danger, turn to our DUI attorney at Calderón Law. You will find that our legal team is empathetic, kind, and always accessible. When you hire our firm, we will treat you like our own family.
Call Calderón Law at (662) 594-2439 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation with our Bolivar County DUI defense attorney.
No attorney will out work him.- Casey
Goes beyond the call of duty!- Previous Client
I highly recommend using Arthur- Tony