DUIAvailable, Experienced, Dependable Defense
Bolivar County DUI Defense Lawyer
Mississippi DUI Penalties
Like most criminal cases, the specific penalties you may face are somewhat dependent on the circumstances surrounding your arrest. For example, if a child was in the car at the time of the arrest or if someone is injured as a result of the offense, the penalties levied against the driver will be increased.
Common Mississippi DUI penalties include:
- First Offense - Up to $1,000 in fines, up to 48 hours in jail, suspended license, & mandatory driver education program
- Second Offense - Up to $1,500 in fines, up to 1-year in jail (5-days minimum), suspended license, mandatory 10-days of community service, & mandatory ignition interlock device
- Third Offense - Up to $5,000 in fines, up to 5-years in jail (1-year minimum), suspended license, & mandatory ignition interlock device
When people normally think about the negative effects of a DUI conviction, jail time and fines are what most often come to mind. However, there are several other consequences that may be imposed upon those convicted for DUI.
- A DUI conviction will stay on your driving record for 5-years during which time any additional DUI convictions will increase the punishment.
- A conviction will remain on your criminal record for life.
- A conviction can affect employment, especially if your job requires driving
- A conviction will require you to obtain SR-22 insurance, or high-risk insurance, for 3-years.
Calderón & Williams Mississippi DUI Attorneys
When you have been pulled over after getting behind the wheel of a motor vehicle after consuming alcohol or drugs, it is important to hire a skilled Bolivar County DUI lawyer to help guide you through the complex legal process. At Calderón & Williams, we have a proven track record of providing effective representation for individuals accused of DUI and in danger of being fined or losing their license.
Our goal as your legal representative will be to help you:
- Get your driver’s license returned
- Avoid jail time and fines
- Prevent the installation of an ignition interlock device
- Avoid a DUI conviction on your record
When your right to drive, your freedom, and your future are in danger, turn to our DUI attorney at Calderón & Williams. You will find that our legal team is empathetic, kind, and always accessible. When you hire our firm, we will treat you like our own family.
We Understand that Your Future Is at Stake
We Have Flexible Consultations
We Offer Payment Plans
We Treat Clients Like Family
We Prioritize a Quick Response
We Have the Energy and Experience to Win
Calderón & Williams is dedicated to assisting clients in protecting their rights, freedom, and best interests. We put care and attention into our representation, providing the highest-quality legal services in a prompt, compassionate, and courteous manner. We strongly believe that all clients deserve tenacious representation, no matter what they are facing. Our many positive testimonials are a testament to our high level of client-centered service.
“He also listened to the emotional impact that didn't have anything to do with the case, but because he actually cares about people he took out time and proved to be a man of the highest quality.”- David
“Of all the lawyers I talked to He was the only one who seemed to listen and who seemed to be compassionate. I found out later he's also very creative and witty. His courtroom skills are one of a kind and no attorney will outwork him.”- Casey
“Arthur is very organized and efficient. Goes beyond the call of duty!”- Previous Client
“I found Arthur Calderon and I emailed him and he instantly replied and started on my case and got it handled for me. I highly recommend using Arthur.”- Tony
Don't wait a moment longer to get the legal assistance you deserve. When you reach out to our reliable attorney, you will receive quality legal services and direct personal attention. From start to finish, the same lawyer will handle your case and you will remain informed throughout the entire process. You have the right to a fair and quick trial, our firm is determined to protect you, your rights, and your future.